Now, I'll admit I wasn't entirely sure what the Liebster award was, but not to worry, Victoria provided the answer, whom she got from someone else, who I'm sure got from someone else, and so on. :P... I am here to enlighten you all and will copy and paste just what it's all about!
"So what is the Liebster Award?
The Liebster Award nomination goes to those bloggers who have a following of less than 200 to promote other bloggers to comment and share - even get to know each other! I think this is great, because it gives you the potential to gather a larger following! If you get nominated, you cannot nominate the person who nominated you (No tagbacks!).
The point of the Liebster Award is to answer questions, tell 11 secrets about yourself, and nominate 11 other bloggers who fit the criteria. Here it goes!"
I'm honesty very honored to receive such a nomination as I kind of felt like I was one of those blogs that falls into the cracks, so to speak. I show up on someone's blog feed, but maybe they don't really pay attention. But hey, this blog has only been around for just under a month, so I think it's to be expected that it's not the most popular thing, though I doubt it'll ever get to some high status as such...
So without further adieu, I will carry on with my duties of a Liebster nominee!
11 Questions Posted by Victoria for Those Who Were Nominated
What was your favorite TV show growing up?
Oh boy, I don't even know! Honestly, I didn't really watch a whole lot of tv. I was always out with my friends or doing something for cadets. However, I always made time for Degrassi every week. It holds a place in my heart!
What is it that you "get" out of blogging?
My thoughts. I also get to share my favorite recipes and crafts that I've made. I love to share things like this and blogging makes it easy without being too annoying. ;)
What is your favorite book? Why?
I can't pick just one, I really can't. The entire Harry Potter series is just so amazing to me. The magic, love, fantasy, lessons... everything... It's so perfect in every way to me. Another favorite is "The Pact" by Jodi Picoult.
What made you decide to repost this and nominate others?
I was nominated and felt it was only right to Pay it Forward!
What is your favorite memory?
I don't have one favorite memory, I can't pick one. My favorite kind of memories are the one's spent with my closest friends and with my family. Family means everything to me and I can't even begin to pick a favorite out of them all. I can say that most of the fondest involve my mom's side all getting together. My cousins on that side might as well be siblings, we're all SO close with one another. All those memories are priceless to me!
What do you do when nobody's watching?
Dance. Like a complete fool. But hey, nobody's watching ;)
If you won the lottery, what would you do with the money, and why?
-I would officially by the house we're buying/building
-Buy a new vehicle for our family, and my husband a new truck that he's always wanted.
-Start a college savings for our son.
-Pay off my parents house, and grandparents.
-Pay off all bills and debt.
-Go on a real honeymoon
-Take a trip to Disneyland and bring my family.
-Put the rest in savings so we can have the comfort of knowing we have money for retirement, kids schooling, etc.
If you could donate to any charity (any specific charity, or a general cause), what would it be?
I would donate to cancer. Not any one in particular though... It's something that strikes very close to home with family and friends.
If you could do any job in the world, what would it be?
I would love to have some kind of job where I get to travel the world and see all the amazing things the world has to offer, if there is a job like that out there!
What do you love most about yourself? List five reasons why.
I love my ambition, passion, and stubbornness.
1) Though my being stubborn can create a certain sense of being a tad bit of a pain in the ass (:P) I love that it has created me to be driven. I fight. I don't give up. I don't give in. I push. I work for the things I want in life. I know that some things may take time and though I may fall off the wayward path from time to time (which can lead me to something better or make me fall behind a tad), I always end up finding my way.
2) I love the sense of accomplishment and doing something good.
3) I love what I love and don't like what I don't. I don't let people push me over just because it's "the cool thing".
4) It's shown me what I've made of myself. There are so many things I have accomplished that I'd never dreamed of doing. My drive, passion, ambition, has gotten me there. Like I said, I don't give up.
5) It makes me a better person and inspires others. I dare anyone to say that when someone says your success pushed them to NOT feel great!
Chocolate or vanilla?
Vanilla, usually. I guess I'm boring ;).
11 Secrets About Myself
1) I'm not as strong as I come across. Passionate, yes, but my inner strength is a mess.
2) I still don't know what I want to do with my life. A big reason I never went to university/college was because I simply didn't know what I wanted. I'm 24 and still don't. I don't even have a relative idea.
3) I love my dotg more than most people.... And I'm not ashamed by this.
4) I'm afraid of what the future holds in terms of some personal things I want in life. I'm terrified that certain things may not happen. Things I've always dreamed of. Things that I can't control.
5) I have been diagnosed with having secondary infertility. It's a scary thought. It goes hand in hand with number 4. It terrifies me. I love my son, if he has to be "enough" then he will, but I don't want him to have to be.
6) I feel selfish for feeling that way because so many deserving people in life don't even get that.
7) I love cheesy, predictable, and lame tv shows like Gossip Girl, 90210, The Carrie Diaries, and Hart of Dixie.
8) I love Disney movies... though that's not really a secret :P.
9) I have a habit of going "offline" on facebook when I want to stop talking to people, when I'm really still around. It's not any of these people's faults, I just sometimes don't care.
10) Laundry is my least favorite chore. Hands down. Hand me some dirty dishes over laundry ANY day.
11) I get complimented on being "so creative" a lot, when really I have Pinterest to blame for a lot. I can say that it has made me more creative in looking at something and thinking "I can totally recreate that!" when before I'd just buy it.
11 Questions for Those Who Have Been Nominated
1) If you could replay any day in your life which day would you pick? Why? Would you change anything?
2) If you could change anything about your wedding day, what would it have been/? If you're not married, if you could have one dream thing happen for your wedding, which would it be?
3) Where do you see yourself in five years? Ten?
4) What has been your greatest accomplishment thus far?
5) What is your favorite childhood memory?
6) What is your favorite thing to bake or cook?
7) You're stranded on a remote island with no escape, but all the necessities of life (food, water, etc.). What three things would you have with you? (You can't pick a boat or anything to get off this island either!)
8) What is your favorite "kid" cereal?
9) What tv show could you never get enough of?
10) What is your dream job?
11) What is your favorite movie?
My 11 Nominees
1) Manda - Eat Cake
2) Amanda - Trying to Conceive: Swimming Against the Tide
3) Megan - Life Lessons of a New Mommy
4) Ashley - ...Every Little Beautiful Pieces
5) Kez - Kreative Kez
6) Rachel - Eat, Run, Rach
7) Elizabeth - 2 Love Birds Building a Nest
8) Jamey - A Fraction of the Whole
10) Jade - N and J
11) Allyson - Allyson & Co.
I hope you all enjoyed this post as much as I did. Thank you again Victoria! Congrats to you all that have been nominated!
Until next time,