Sunday, January 13, 2013

Pork Schnitzel

Okay, okay, okay. So I know it's been a few days since my last post, and I apologize. I've just been really busy with life and when I caught a minute to breathe, I was trying to catch up on some things around the house. But I promise to make it up to you all with a couple entries with different recipes!

You've probably figured out by now that I like to cook. I love cooking and baking. I love trying and finding new recipes. It's one of the many reasons I've become addicted to Pinterest. I grew up in a family of FIVE kids. My mom would often make bigger meals, like casseroles or pasta dishes, because they'd feed us all. As a result, we ended up having similar things often. I will say, it's not a bad thing! Our family has it's staples, such as our Tater Tot Hot Dish which is still a big favorite with my family and now my own family. But, as a result, we often at the same things and we got used to those things.

I think in part, that's why I love to experiment so much. I see nothing wrong with sticking with the same old stuff, but while I'm at it I'd like to try new things. Thus, I love to cook. This isn't even something I can lightly say. I have several hundreds of recipes typed up and saved on my computer. From there, I print them out and put them in protective sleeves and store them in a couple of binders. The sleeves are just so that when I make a recipe, if I spill on it, all I have to do is wipe it off! But to say I like to try new things would be a tad bit of an understatement. I can honestly say that in the last 3 years or so that I hardly make the same meal all that often.

I like experimenting and trying new things, especially with food. The way I see it, you can't say you don't like something unless you try it, and hey, if you don't like it, you simply don't make it again! It's also nice being able to introduce my son to new things, and my hubby certainly isn't complaining. ;)

With that said, I now bring you a recipe I tried a couple days ago! I will also be providing you with another post that will have a recipe for a side dish I served with this!

(Not my picture or recipe. Click on title for original.)


Ingredients:
4 boneless pork chops (1 lb. total) 1/2-inch thick
1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon seasoned salt (or substitute plain salt)
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 egg, beaten
2 Tablespoons milk
3/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs or panko
1 teaspoon paprika
3 Tablespoons canola oil, grapeseed oil, or olive oil
3/4 cup chicken stock
1/2 teaspoon dried dill or 2 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream (full fat)

Directions:
Use a meat hammer to pound the pork cutlets to 1/4-1/8 inch thickness. Cut small slits around the edges of the cutlets to prevent curling.

Set out 3 shallow bowls. One with a mixture of the flour, seasoned salt, and pepper. The second with the egg and milk whisked together. The third with a mixture of the bread crumbs (or panko) and paprika.

Heat the olive oil in a large skillet on med-high heat. Dredge the cutlets first in the seasoned flour, then dip the cutlets in the egg mixture, and then into the mixture of bread crumbs and paprika.

Working in batches, saute the cutlets for 3-4 minutes on each side. Remove the cutlets from the skillet and cover with foil or place in a warm oven to keep warm.

Add the chicken stock into the skillet to deglaze the pan, scraping the bottom of the pan to loosen the brown bits. In a small bowl mix the dill and salt into the sour cream. Stir the sour cream mixture into the chicken stock. Heat and stir until mixture thickens (do not let boil).

Serve the cutlets with the sauce, and lemon slices if you like.

*Serves 4



I hope you enjoy the recipe as much as I did!

Check out the pin here!

Until next time,

Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment