Sunday, January 13, 2013

Loaded Mashed Potatoes

I love mashed potatoes. It's seriously my most favorite form of potato and I'm convinced that my grandma makes the best on this planet. I don't know how she manages to make them taste so darn good, but they are to die for.

When I found this recipe on Pinterest I KNEW it was going to be love. Boy, oh, boy was I right! I coupled them with a previous recipe I posted, Honey Butter Pork Tenderloin.

(Not my picture or original recipe. To view recipe click on title)


Ingredients:
5 lbs. potatoes, peeled and cubed
3/4 c. sour cream
1/2 c. milk
3 Tbsp. butter
salt and pepper to taste
3 c. shredded cheddar cheese blend, divided
1/2 lb. sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled
3 green onions, sliced

Directions:
Place potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl. Add the sour cream, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Beat on med-low speed until light and fluffy. Stir in 2 cups cheese, bacon and onions.

Transfer to a greased 3 qt. baking dish. Top with remaining cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 30 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted. 


I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as my family did!

To view the pin, click here!

Until next time,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment