Monday, February 18, 2013

Poppy Seed Chicken

In our house there's a tad bit of a divide on meat preferance, though we're all accomodating of each other. My husband loves beef, I love chicken, and our son, well, we're lucky if we can get him to eat it, though pork and chicken are usually what he'll try - beef is a no go. So, I try to keep it relatively even for what kind of meats I cook with and with meatless meals so we can all win when I do my meal planning. But I have to say, when you take a look at my Pinterest, you'll find that I have SEVERAL more chicken meals and dishes than I do of any other kind.

When I came upon this recipe it had to be tried. Now, when I meal plan from pinterest, I like to go to the very bottom of the board so that I make sure I'm not just repinning the same things or that I'm actually not just trying the new stuff. I was SO happy when I finally reached the point of being able to try this recipe and boy was it a good one! I didn't eat much because I wasn't all that hungry, but between my son and husband, there was no leftovers to be had and they both said it was definitely something to make again.

(Not my picture or recipe. Click title for original.)


Ingredients:
3 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
1 chicken bouillon cube
1 (10 3/4 oz) can condensed cream of chicken soup
1 (8 oz.) container light sour cream
2 tsp. poppy seeds
salt and pepper, to taste
1 sleeve (approximately 31) Ritz crackers
1/4 c. butter (approximately 4 Tbsp.)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large pot, bring water and bouillon cube to a boil. Add chicken breasts and cook until no longer pink. Remove breasts and place on a plate to cool.

In a large mixing bowl, add chicken soup, sour cream, poppy seeds, and season with salt and pepper. When chicken is cool, shred or cut into bite-sized cubes and mix in with soup mix.

In a smaller bowl, crush crackers and add butter. Microwave for 20 seconds or until butter melts. Stir to coat the crackers.

Coat an 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Add chicken mixture and spread evenly. Top with cracker topping and bake for 30 minutes. Remove, allow to cool and set for 5-10 minutes.

Enjoy!


I'm sure if you try this with your family it'll be a hit!

For pin, click here!

Until next time,

Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment