Monday, January 21, 2013

Oatmeal Blueberry Applesauce Muffins

I love muffins. And cupcakes. So does my son... In fact, my son pretty much thinks of cupcakes and muffins as the same thing, and really the biggest difference is the glob of icing on the top, so naturally, when he gets a muffin with his breakfast he thinks it's the best day in the world! Tonight I decided to try a new recipe for muffins that I found on, none other than, Pinterest! I love muffins, especially blueberry, s I knew this would be a likely hit and boy was I right! So, of course I had to share with you all! Here you go!

(My picture, but not my original recipe. To see original, click title)

Ingredients:
1 1/4 c. whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c. oats
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1 c. unsweetened applesauce
1/2 c. low-fat buttermilk
1/2 c. firmly packed brown sugar
2 Tbsp. canola oil
1 large egg, lightly beaten
3/4 c. blueberries (fresh or frozen)

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.

Line a 12-cup muffin tin with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.

In a large bowl, combine flour, oats, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. In a medium bowl, combine applesauce, buttermilk, sugar, oil, and egg. Make a well in dry ingredients and add applesauce mixture. Stir until just moist. Fold in blueberries and fill muffin cups 2/3 full.

Bake for 16-18 minutes. Enjoy!



It's a really simple and quick recipe AND it tastes delicious! I hope you and your family enjoy them as much as we do!

For the pin, click here!

Until next time, 

Amanda.



No comments:

Post a Comment