Sunday, February 17, 2013

Bacon Pear Grilled Cheese Sandwiches

My husband and I both love grilled cheese sandwiches. On nights when neither of us really feel like making much of an effort we'll make them because they always go over well. While looking through one of my favorite food blogs, I came across this recipe and wanted to try it. At first my husband was skeptical because it involved fruit and he's just one of those guys that thinks things like this shouldn't go together, man did I prove him wrong ;).

(Not my picture or recipe. Click title for original.)


Ingredients:
8 slices of bread
Bacon, cooked until crisp
1-2 Bartlett Pears, sliced
Sharp White cheddar cheese, sliced (I actually used Mozzarella because I couldn't find white cheddar)
butter, softened and spreadable

Directions:
Heat either a cast iron skillet, griddle, or panini grill to med-high heat. Layer the sandwich: bread slice, cheese, pear, bacon, more cheese (if you wish), and another bread slice. Butter the to slice of bread and place on the pan, buttered side down. Then butter the remaining side.

If you are not using a panini press, you can use a spatula or heavy pan to press down on the sandwich during grilling to get a similar result. The sandwich is done when the sides are toasted and the cheese is melted.

Enjoy!


Here's hoping you like it as much as we did. Even my skeptical husband loved it! :)

Until next time,

For pin, click here!

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment