Monday, April 8, 2013

Slow Cooker Baked Potato Soup


I've said it before that I love quick and easy meals. If they happen to be made in slow cooker to make my life that much more easier, LOVE them! So when I came across this recipe a year or two ago, I knew it'd be a hit. And of course it was! My husband loved it and I've made it a time or two since and it's gone over well again!

(Not my picture or my recipe. Click title for original source.)


Ingredients:
5 lbs. russets, washed, not peeled, diced, into ½-inch cubes
1 large yellow onion, diced
10 cloves garlic, whole
8 cups chicken stock
16 oz. cream cheese
1 Tbsp. seasoned salt

Garnishes:
Crumbled bacon
Shredded cheddar
Green onions

Directions:
Add potatoes, onion, garlic, seasoning, and chicken stock to slow cooker.

Cook on High for 6 hours or low for 10 hours.

Remove and puree garlic cloves along with ½-1/3 of soup, and reintroduce to crockpot.

Stir in cream cheese and allow to melt. Stir every 10-15 minutes until soup is well blended.

Top with choice of garnishes.


For pin, click here!

Until next time,

Amanda.

No comments:

Post a Comment