Sunday, February 3, 2013

Pizza Casserole

We're super busy around my house. I know we're not alone. Monday-Friday (and some Saturday's) my husband and I work. From there it's trying to keep things up around the house, pay bills, be parents to our son and fur-babies, alongside projects for our new house and various other small side things going on. We're always doing something or going somewhere so quick, easy, and filling meals are a must in our day-to-day life. If they bring on leftovers? Even better! It means we have lunches and that I may not have to cook supper the next night!

I came across this Pizza Casserole through Pinterest. I've actually seen a number of them over time and finally decided to give one a go, despite my being nervous with using pepperoni (I'm not afraid, I just can't have spicy food and pepperoni can be iffy with my stomach). It turned out fantastic! My husband told me he definitely wants me to make it again. Even our four year old loved it! And since I got plenty of leftovers with it, we had supper for the next night and lunches for the next two days!

(Not my picture or recipe. Click title for original.)


Ingredients:
2 lbs. ground beef
1 large onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
2 Tbsp. olive oil
2 (26 oz.) jars spaghetti sauce
16 oz. rotini pasta, cooked and drained
5 c. shredded mozzarella cheese
8 oz. sliced pepperoni

Directions:
Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic in oil. Drain. Stir in pasta, spaghetti sauce, and 3 cups of cheese.

Place mixture in two greased 9x13 pans. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with pepperoni. Cover and freeze or bake uncovered at 350 for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.


Told you it was really simple!

To see the pin, click here!

Until next time,

Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment